Airbus H130/EC130 Video Systems:
Rugged Video offers a number of video recorders, cameras, and complete systems for use on the Airbus H130/EC130 with multiple FAA approved and temporary mounting options. Systems are specifically geared towards capturing the best possible Flight Tour Video.
The Airbus H130/EC130 Flight Tour Video system is designed to create a professionally edited video while in flight. The system typically incorporates one or two cameras capturing the passengers and two or three cameras capturing the scenery. The multi-camera system can switch between cameras while in flight or capture all cameras in a single picture-in-picture recording.
Video Mounting Locations
Rugged Video offers FAA Approved and alternative installation options for video cameras and recorders on the H130/EC130. Camera locations include:
- Rugged Video Interior Mounts – Cameras can be attached to a custom made, adjustable mount which is mounted to the windshield support and captures a view of all the front and rear seated passengers.
- Rugged Video Exterior Mount – Multiple cameras may be permanently mounted outside the aircraft. Cameras offer full HD resolution and multiple lens options.
- Rugged Video Temporary Mounts – Multiple temporary mounting options exist due to the large windows on the EC130. These mounts are locking suction type that can shoot outside scenery or an interior view of the passengers.
Flight Tour Video Process
Onboard Video equipment is designed to simply and efficiently create a professional edited video while in flight. As soon as the skids hit the ground, operators have a well produced flight tour video ready for sale to the customer.
Video Capturing: Multiple HD cameras can be seamlessly switched while in flight or recorded as a single picture-in-picture video. Videos feature titles and credits, pre-roll intro clips, and logo overlay on the video. Videos are recorded in 1080p HD to one or multiple USB flash drives.
Advanced Audio: Systems are embedded with advanced audio mixing and MP3 technology that can play soundtracks or narrations and output narrations through passenger headsets. Also included is multiple language support for foreign language passengers. Audio mixing allows passenger communications to be recorded along with the soundtracks or narrations.
Pilot Control or GPS Automation: Recording, Camera Switching, Soundtracks & Narrations, and Overlays are controlled by the pilot and/or automatically using GPS automation. This allows the pilot to focus on giving the best possible tour while the system creates a consistently great video for passengers.
Distribution: Once on the ground, Rugged Video systems have three methods of effectively distributing video to passengers: Direct Sale, USB Copy, or Digital Delivery
- Direct Sale – Operators have up to four USB copies to sell directly to customer when the skids hit the ground. This makes for a quick and easy sale requiring little infrastructure.
- USB Copy – Operators can choose to create USB copies for customers with our Ultra-Fast Replicator software. This reduces the cost of the USB sold to customers and allows for more customization and branding on USB’s.
- Digital Delivery – Rugged Video software allows operators to deliver videos to customers digitally. In just a few clicks, operators can sell a four digit access code to customers that they can use to access their videos through a custom webpage made specifically for that tour. Since videos are online, marketing potential from sharing and online views doubles the revenue potential of adding video to your operation.